Window of Thanksgiving, 1887, artist unknown.
Window 2 on plan. 28"w x 44.5" h. inc. frame.
This window was most likely removed from the original wooden church of St. Mary's when it was replaced with the current stone church. The church log book contains a list of "Gifts for the Furnishing of St Mary's by-the-Sea" that was printed for the 1882 consecration (of the wooden church), with handwritten notes of further gifts, including, "1890 an English window gift of Mrs AH Munroe." Elsewhere in the book it is noted that Mrs Adelaide H Munroe gave a window of thanksgiving for the blessings of the summer of 1887, and it was placed in the church Sept 1890. This window bears the date 1887, and it seems probable that it is the window given by Mrs. Munroe. (Many thanks to Willie Granston for finding these references.)